Online gambling is booming, and more and more people are turning to it out of the sheer variety of benefits that they experience by logging into a site at home, as opposed to heading to a physical brick and mortar casino.
Which is why the gambling software development market is seeing a relevant increase in providers looking to them, since many online casinos like onlinecasinogames.co.nz want to have access to the best games and newest games on the market to date.
Ultimately, the success of online casinos depends heavily on the games being offered on their websites, which deliver not only a seamless experience to patrons, through gameplay and graphics, but also that they come with the layers of security necessary to prevent the games being hacked. Below you’ll discover the top software developers that have secured their status as best of the best to date so far – as well as some top software providers to keep any eye on in the future.
Considered to be one of the top content and software providers in the gambling industry, Microgaming is a firm fan favourite due to their innovative approach to casino games. They became known in the early 1990’s for their slot games, and were based in South Africa, Durban. They later moved to Great Britain where they have remained.
Their software is found in over 600 casino and poker rooms around the globe and their constant innovation in keeping up with – and setting – trends ensure they remain relevant today. Some of their top slot games to date include Mexican-wrestling themed Lucha Legends with interesting animations, Game of Thrones which appeals to the GOT fans and lovers of bonuses, and Mermaid Millions which is a five-reel, 15 payline slot set in an aquatic world.
Playtech is possibly the largest gambling software development company around the world and online bingo Philippines use it. They also license software in these areas and are known for their continually fresh products.
Their Age of Gods range is epic to say the least as you utilise modifiers in the game, including extra high-paying symbols and multipliers as well as expanding wild symbols. The company excels at slot machines and movie fans will recognise superhero themed games such as Green Lantern and Superman Man of Steel.
Another fun well-known title is The Matrix. In order to stay on top of things, Playtech has partnered with numerous other studios to assist with an omni-channel offering. Some of the development companies they’ve partnered with include Ashgaming who created the popular Classic TV Batman, Vikings who created Justice League, and Psiclone games whose titles include Fairground Fortunes. The games they provide tend to fall under various poker types, as well as blackjack and roulette styled games.
A popular name in Great Britain, BetSoft is a developer whose offerings include a variety of video slots, blackjack, scratch-card, keno, poker and roulette-style games. They have a well-known reputation for having a variety of automatic machines that have incredible 3D graphics, while their online offerings are found across Europe and Asia as well as North America.
While their tabletop games are worth a try, the company really shines at their slot games, and popular titles include Good Girl, Bad Girl, The Golden Owl of Athena and 7 Fortune Frenzy. Their Virtual Racebook is another top title which revolves around 3D horse racing where players must wager on which horse will win.
Scientific Games Interactive
One of the top up-and-coming gambling software development companies, Scientific Games Interactive, more commonly known as SG Interactive, is no stranger to having software fame, having found it early in their creation of Rainbow Riches. The company started off in Nevada and has grown in leaps and bounds gathering notability along with a long list of pioneering achievements as the years tick by.
Other popular slot games of theirs you may have encountered include Zeus, Epic Monopoly II, and Cirque Du Soleil: Kooza. Their slot games are known for free spins round and are an opportunity to get wins and even multipliers quite often without having to increase your bet.
Their longstanding licensing with Hasbro has meant SG Interactive has had their Monopoly board game used in a variety of slot titles. They offer very little in the way of tabletop games, but do have some available such as Winning Spins Roulette, Nevada Roulette, Key Bet 500 Roulette and Monopoly Roulette.
Other Great Software Developers Worth Mentioning
- Aristocrat: This Australian gambling studio is one of the richest in the world, with licenses in over 300 gaming jurisdictions. They have titles in over 90 countries and are a known gaming powerhouse.
- Thunderkick: While a relatively new player to the software gaming market, having only shown up in 2012, the Swedish gaming company focuses mainly on quality over quantity. Their games are known for humorous plots, bold animations, and non-standard interfaces.
- ELK Studios: One of the leading providers in the online casino industry, always delivering content with the highest standard but they have nothing in the way of table or live games. Their strengths lie in mobile-first video slots that feature impeccable artwork and good mathematical models, as well as multiple licenses.
- RNGplay: This casino game and software development company has a commitment to excellence and provides high quality casino content with a flair for entertainment. They offer not only customised slot games, but also have HTML5 games, and multiplayer game engines available.
- NetEnt: Having been around since 1996, NetEnt is known for being a top provider of gaming solutions to online casinos. The technology they use has made them popular with top games including Gonzo’s Quest and Starburst.
When it comes to being a large gaming company, the ability they have to look out for quality software providers is what will ultimately set them apart from their competitors. Software developers who offer multiple licenses are always an attractive option, though most top online casinos like cryptothrills.io prefer to return to tried and true favourite software developers, like those listed above.