By Jon Newton 9/24/05
We just posted WinMX is down. Wrong. WinMX is back! And it's all thanks to Italys P2PZone.
Hi to all, I have a good new for all users of winmx p2p software ! says a post on the site.
WinMx in funzione. Ecco la soluzione !
With the collaboration of Polini_46 and a team of people who works actually to restore winmx connections, we can say the solution to connect on winmx network.
This is the procedure to configure your pc to connect with winmx :
1) go to this url : http://126.96.36.199/hosts/hosts
2) after download of "hosts" file ( is a windows file included in the system ) we can procede
3) now paste the new file "hosts" in the directory of windows which change like the version of s.o.
For Windows 95/98/Me the directory is c:windowshosts
For Windows NT/2000/XP Pro the directory is c:winntsystem32driversetchosts
For Windows XP Home the directory is c:windowssystem32driversetchosts
Now we can replace the "hosts" file .
4) for win2k & xp sometimes may be necessary use the command "ipconfig /flushdns" from the prompt of windows.
5) now, open winmx and try to connect with primary connection !
Really is a temporary solution but i think it work good !
Thank you to Polini, Ranma and Sabre for this solution, others update will appear in this topic ! bye .
ps. scuse me for the bad english !
Jon Newton is the editor of p2pnet.net and is a regular contributer to MP3 Newswire. Jon's site is devoted to the politics of digital music and his insights as well as those of his co-writers can be read there. We urge you to explore it.
MP3 Newswire is nominated for the 2005 Digital Music Awards
Other MP3 stories:
eDonkey is Alive and Well Living in NJ
Three Moms Fight Record Industry Lawsuits
The Net is the Independent Artist's Radio